INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
Submission of work for publication
If you are interested in having your book published by Scholar Publishing House, you are kindly requested to fill in the questionnaire below and email it to: email@example.com. You will be contacted shortly. If we are interested in publication, you will be requested to send us the whole work in Word document format. Once your work is initially accepted for print, the terms and conditions of publication will be agreed with the author, in particular, how any edition cost deficits will be covered (edition deficit). Then your work will be sent for publisher review. The final decision on publication will be made on the basis of the publisher reviews and your reply to them.
If your work is accepted for print, a publishing contract will be signed which covers the copyright issues, and a contract with an institution that will cover a possible edition deficit. The co-financing contract will specifically define the details of the issue, the date of publication and the obligations of the parties. All books are thoroughly proofread and edited. The author is responsible for proofreading the final edited version and approving it for print. The author will also be consulted regarding the book cover design and illustrations.
Scholar Publishing House complies with the standards recommended by The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The author of the submitted work shall be fully liable for any infringement of copyright or other third party rights. The author of the work needs to hold relevant consents from the authors/editors/publishers if excerpts from other publications, diagrams, illustrations or similar materials are used in the work. As part of the procedure aimed to prevent plagiarism, ghostwriting and guest-authorship, Scholar Publishing House requires all borrowings, sources of quotations, illustrations, sources of data to be fully referenced, and all contributions of individual authors in the creation of the work to be fully acknowledged; with the main liability resting with the author submitting the manuscript. Considering the fact that plagiarism, ghostwriting and guest-authorship are manifestations of scientific misconduct, Scholar Publishing House will notify relevant bodies of every such suspected case (employers, scientific associations, sponsors, etc.). If in doubt, please follow the guidelines of The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE): COPE Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing: https://publicationethics.org/core-practices.
Submitted texts should meet the following formal requirements:
1. Texts should be submitted in a file format (MS Word, any version) together with tables and charts (as MS Excel files or in MS Word Charts). Tables, graphs, drawings in other formats (CorelDRAW, Statistica, SPSS, etc.) should be saved in WMF or EPS formats together with fonts, in 300 dpi resolution. The printout must include all national fonts and mathematical symbols.
2. You are requested to follow the author-year citation format and APA style bibliographical references.
Surname, X., Surname, X. Y. (year). Book title in italics (translator’s name where appropriate). Place of publication: Name of publishers.
Hausner, J. (2008). Zarządzanie publiczne. Warsaw: Wydawnictwo Naukowe Scholar.
Chapters in monographs:
Surname, X. (year). Chapter title. In: Y. Surname, B. Surname (ed./eds.), Book title in italics (page beginning–page ending). Place of publication: Name of publishers.
Surname, X., Surname 2, X. Y., Surname 3, Z. (year). Article. Journal title in italics, volume of journal, page beginning–page ending.
Mazur, S. (2013). Zmiana instytucjonalna. Zarządzanie Publiczne, 2–3 (24–25), 34–43.
Surname, X. (year). Text title in italics. Downloaded from: website address [date of access].
3. In justified cases, Scholar Publishing House will accept other referencing formats recommended by The National Library of Poland (Biblioteka Narodowa), and will respect the relevant traditions of individual scientific disciplines.
Questionnaire for authors
1. Working title (+ subtitle, if needed)
2. Author’s full name
3. Address, telephone number, fax number, email, website address
4. Academic title/degree and current position; most recent publications
5. Universities/academic bodies that the author collaborates with
6. Information on the book category (textbook/monograph/conference papers)
7. Will the book be submitted in the proceedings to award professorship or postdoctoral degree (habilitation)?
8. The book’s anticipated length (number of pages/ number of characters with spaces and footnotes)
9. Anticipated submission date of the manuscript
10. The book’s summary or synopsis
11. Draft table of contents
12. Where appropriate, introduction or a sample chapter
13. Market: target audience
14. Proposed deficit coverage
15. Book promotion opportunities (reviews, TV and radio programmes, academic conferences)
16. List of individuals or institutions to whom Scholar Publishing House should send copies of the book
17. List of individuals to whom the author would like to send copies of the book himself/herself
18. Online promotion opportunities (e.g. newsletters, social media groups)
Date of filling in the questionnaire: